Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HpwES) Program uses a whole-house approach to make a home more energy-efficient, thus lowering its energy consumption.
The Home Performance Energy Audit is the first step toward improving your home's energy efficiency and reducing energy bills. During this comprehensive energy audit, one of our BPI-certified installer tests and evaluates the home using advanced diagnostic equipment and building science principles to determine which areas would benefit from energy efficiency and health and safety-related improvements.
Typical Audit includes:
- Test for air-leakage using a blower door
- Conducts a series of combustion-related test such as Carbon Monoxide and Natural Gas leaks
- Find ways to improve your home's insulation, heating and cooling system
- Check the windows, appliances, and lighting
We will then explain to you what improvements can be made, and what they will cost. We encourage our customers to accompany us, walk thru, ask questions and learn about ways to save energy.
Delmarva Quick Home Energy Check-up Program
Quick Home Energy Check up at NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOUR EXISITING DELMARVA POWER SERVICE
- Assess your home's energy use
- Recommend Energy Saving Improvements
- Instantly install energy saving products
- Compact Fluorescent light bulb (CFL's) in a variety of styles
- Tank wrap for your electric hot water heater
- Pipe wrap for your electric hot water heater
- Low -flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Power Strips
Delmarva HPwES Whole House Approach to Saving
By participating in the Home Performance with Energy Star program you can receive rebates up to $2,000.
- Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment
- Installation several measures at no additional cost such as energy-efficient lighting, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, and water heater tank and pipe insulation
- Recommend improvements to make your home more energy-efficient, comfortable, health and safe
- Provide a comprehensive report on potential savings and recommendation of improvements
BGE Home Performance with Energy Star
Home Performance Energy Audit only costs $100 (a $400 value).
- 12 compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Four faucet aerators
- Two efficient-flow showerheads-fixed mount or hand held
- Pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes from electric water heater)
- Electric water heater tank wrap
- Potential energy savings up to 20%
- Fewer drafts and comfortable rooms
- Work performed by specially trained contractors
- Third-party quality assurance check
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions